Thursday 14 November 2013

Farewell Speech

I got a surprise when I knew I had been nominated to do this course because I thought this course was too basic for me. However, I happily accepted my boss decision as this is a golden chance to enjoy my family life in Yangon.
When I got to this center, I saw some English teachers I had already known, and I wonder why they are here. Then I guessed the level of this course might be higher than I had expected.
The first teacher is Madam Meenachi who trained us English listening and speaking skills. After taking the class for the first day, I came to know that my previous thoughts were wrong because the lecture was focusing on HOW to listen and speak rather than WHAT to do.
I obtained very valuable advice from Madam Meenachi who guided me to be polite in communicating with others. I shall never forget her advice, “Urgency is not a license to be rude”.
For the last two weeks, Mr.Colin taught us reading and writing skills. He is a remarkably energetic teacher. One of his lectures called “critical reading” is very practical for me not only for reading and interpreting the texts but also for analyzing the real environment. Moreover, he taught us how reading and writing skills are dramatically interrelated. In addition, composing emails for several purposes are also practised in the class. Mr.Colin is very patient with our naughty students and he never blames us when we fail to do home work. In my opinion, it is the most admirable personality of him.
Concerning our friends, you all are very helpful, united and very friendly. I am very happy to be here with all of you. If you were annoyed with my misbehavior during the course, forgive me, please. I believe our friendship will last forever and I would like to request all of you to feel free to call me anytime, anywhere, for any purpose.
Thank you, Mr.Colin.
Thank you, all my comrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment